Merry Meet all! I was doing a little 'light' reading on the subject of evolution, and I read something that kind of stood the topic on its head for me. The author said something about evolution explaining why a giraffe has a long neck, but it doesn't explain why other animals don't. That was kind of an 'aha' moment for me. Just how and why does evolution 'choose' a particular modification for one species, but not for others? Why do birds fly, but pigs don't? Why are dogs great friends and companions to humans, but grizzly bears not so much? I am not a creationist and am not a fan of 'intelligent design' but this has me thinking. I'd like to know what other people think, and how exactly does evolution fit into our beliefs as Pagans?

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Personally, I don't think it makes a bit of difference to anyone, either practically or theoretically - LOL!! I simply find it interesting that so many people have invested so much time for so many years trying to either 'prove' or 'disprove' both evolution and creationism...
It all boils down to a religious debate, and all religious debates end up relying upon the faith of the individual, and nothing someone else can present will shake that faith. I must admit that I am not averse to 'stirring the pot', however - LOL!! My apologies if anyone is offended...*snicker*

When something is scientific theory its pretty much a given fact. Its an exact scientific wording not they way we use the word theory in causual conversation. The only thing more certain is scientific law. Here a web site with the definitions.

http://science.kennesaw.edu/~rmatson/3380theory.html

Sorry were monkeys. Mom and dad were our kids are. Bill gates is. Its ok. Have a banana.

that's ok - I LIKE bananas!! LOL!! (Being an instigator of dissension is FUN!) (I like putting my tongue in my cheek!)

Gotta love Chaos Theory and Quantum Physics!!

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by Witch School.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service